Wednesday, April 17, 2013

An adventure ... to the Fish Hatchery

A Visit to the Fish Hatchery

Just North of Sisters, near Camp Sherman, is the Wizard Falls Fish Hatchery.  On Sunday, we ventured out for a family excursion.  It was cold and rainy and even began to snow on our way to the hatchery, but we were determined to get out of junipers and into the pines.  It turned out to be a fun time.  

Running to see the fish

Little Wyatt is exuberant and full of glee.

It began to pour rain, but they posed for a picture by a raceway for Mama anyway.



Pretty soon, it was so cold that the 3 little ones came back to the van with me to warm up.

Not more than 10 minutes later, the rain stopped and the sun came out!  It was beautiful! 


I asked Wyatt to put his arm around Quint, and this is the facial expression I got. :-)

Is this poison oak?  Wyatt was playing with it ... yikes! 
[I researched when I got home and I don't think it is]

Family photo on the bridge over the Metolius River.

We even got to watch some kayakers battle the rapids and go right under the bridge below us.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Marilee, for all of the wonderful blogs! It is so much fun to keep up with you through them!
    And to set your mind at ease, the plant you saw is NOT poison oak or ivy. I have seen a TON of the "real" stuff and the result, so I KNOW!:)
    Lots of love,
    Carla:)

    ReplyDelete